Gateway Terrace is a warm and welcoming luxury condominium community in historic downtown La Crosse at 100 N. 6th St. It has wide appeal for active retirees, new empty-nesters, and career-minded professionals.
View our Gateway Terrace photo tour.
"At home tour" — An owner's perspective
(Get PowerPoint viewer here.)
Construction of Gateway Terrace has been completed. The four-story building includes:
- Historic design with brick and stone exterior and copper roof
- 17 units ranging from 1000-1,880 square feet with one or two bedrooms (see unit plans)
- Six custom unit plans with terraces
- Indoor, heated, ground-level parking
- Building security and fire protection system
- Extra sound proofing between units and floors
- Secure building elevator
- Secure storage lockers for every unit
- Furnished community room with kitchenette
- Guest suite rental unit
- Community rooftop garden terrace with gas grill and extraordinary views
- One 2,000 square foot office on ground level (Wachovia Securities).
Gateway Terrace is the collaborative vision of Peter and Paul Gerrard of Gerrard Corporation and their father, Bill Gerrard, of Gerrard Realty. Together they celebrate over 50 successful years in business.
Condominium developments represent the latest trend in residential real estate in Wisconsinas well as around the nation. According to the National Association of Realtors, more condos were sold in 2003 than in any other year (statistics for 2004 not yet available). Madison and Milwaukee are experiencing what’s been dubbed a “condominium living renaissance.” The trend toward high-end condominium living has wide appeal. Today's home buyers often choose a condominium home that supports the easy-care lifestyle they value.
Downtown La Crosse is an alluring destination. It's hard to resist the river town charm and urban conveniences nestled along the banks of the Mississippi.
With 96 of the 110 buildings contributing to the historic character, the heart of La Crosse represents one of the largest historic commercial districts in Wisconsin. Finally, desirable residential ownership opportunities is available in this downtown neighborhood.
Gateway Terrace condominium homes include these luxury amenities:
- Maple, cherry, oak for raised-panel doors, built-in entertainment cabinetry, and custom cabinetry (see amenities)
- Tile, hardwood, or carpet flooring
- Granite or Corian® countertops
- Nine-foot ceilings with crown molding in living and dining areas
- Gas fireplace
- Large architectural-grade windows
- Walk-in closets
- Whirlpool tub in master suites
- Private balcony terrace
- High-speed internet access in every room
- Appliance, plumbing, and lighting allowances
- Central air, heat, water softener.
The crowning jewel for Gateway Terrace is its location. The building is on the corner of 6th and Main streets, within walking distance of parks, coffee shops, unique retail businesses, churches, the People’s Food Co-op, and popular restaurants. Entertainment and cultural opportunities abound. Downtown La Crosse has become a welcoming “urban village.”
Now may be the perfect time for you to explore condominium living in this exceptional setting.
Adapted with permission from La Crosse Magazine.